Land of Oz

"Oz": Most popularly known from the fictional tale of Dorothy's travels in "The Wizard of Oz" motion picture adapted from the book: "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" by L. Frank Baum.

A fantasy region isolated from the rest of the world that appears as the dream land in the movie, while originally depicted as real in the books.

"Land of Oz" is also a common nickname for Australia

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Adventure is out there!

This last week before my departure I have had a lot of mixed feelings. Nerves about leaving, fear of forgetting important items or my luggage being too heavy, excitement about everything I am going to experience, and anticipation, just being ready to finally go. I think by this point I truly am ready. Now that my “to do before I go” list is complete, I’ve decided to make a “to do abroad” list. Just a general outline of the things I would like to accomplish in order to make the most of this once in a lifetime experience. 

To Do Abroad:

-do something that scares me
-eat authentic food 
-make a new friend
-meet someone interesting
-do something “cultural” 
-learn something
-see and experience as much as I possibly can
-don’t waste a minute
-write about it all

Making lists has always helped me feel calm about any major task ahead of me. However, this one has made me more excited and ready to leave. I know the waves of nerves and fear and anticipation will still come and go, even long after I arrive in the land “Down Under,” but there is one silly thing that has kept reminding me to be excited. When I think of all the adventures I am about to have, all I hear is the voice of little Ellie from the Disney Pixar movie UP saying: “Adventure is Out There!” It reminds me of how as a kid everything is an adventure, and that is how I want to view this semester: one big adventure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment